Government will provide compensation

Thanks to Dinesh Kataria for providing this news item.

Advertisements

HC advises Maruti to vacate land in restricted IAF zone

Courtesy: Ajay Sural TNN

Submitted by – Mayank Dureja

The Punjab and Haryana high court has advised public sector automobile giant Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) to vacate a part of its property that falls in the 300-metre restricted zone around the Air Force stationin Gurgaon.

These oral observationscame from a division bench headed by Justice S S Saron while hearing the ongoing issue pertaining to removal of encroachments around Air Force stations of Gurgaon and Faridabad. On the suggestion of HC, the counsel appearing for Maruti sought time from the court to seek instructions from the company in this regard.

When the matter came up for hearing before the bench on May 23, the counsel for Maruti sought permission to implead the company as party in the case. The counsel said the company is a central government-registered entity and should be heard by the court as the Maruti property falls within the 900 metre as well as the reduced limit of 300-metre restricted zone around the depot.

After going through the property map, the bench orally observed that only the delivery area of the company’s production unit falls within the reduced restricted zone of 300 m, and the company can easily vacate it.

Hearing this, the counsel for Maruti told the court that he would be able to make any submission in this regard only after seeking instructions from the company.

During hearing of the case, the bench also asked additional solicitor general of India, Satya Pal Jain, to clarifiy the powers of district magistrates delegated by the Centre for enforcement of provisions of Works of Defence Act, 1903, to remove encroachments in a 100-metre radius of the ammunition depot in Faridabad and 300 m from that in Gurgaon.

 The matter will come up for hearing on June 1. The matter reached the HC in 2010 through a public interest litigation seeking removal of constructions from the 100-metre area around the Air Force station, Dabua, in Faridabad, and construction within 900 m around the Air Force ammunition depot, Gurgaon.
Following court intervention, the central government, in September 2015, told the HC that it had been decided to decrease the restricted zone around the ammunition depot of Indian Air Force, Gurgaon, from 900 m to 300 m. The Centre, however, made it clear that the area of restricted zone around Air Force station, Faridabad, remains 100 metre.

 

Gurgaon: Air Force drone crashes close to ammunition depot

Courtesy : TNN

A drone of Indian Air Force (IAF) today crashed on a piece of vacant land, barely 1000 metres away from the Force’s ammunition depot in Sector 14 here, police said.

The drone crashed following an exercise carried out by IAF ammunition depot officials at around 7.30am, said SHO Sudeep Singh.

Local residents who witnessed the crash informed the police about the incident, after which an FIR was registered in Palam Vihar police station, he said.
Locals said the drone crashed on a vacant plot near Om Vihar Colony.
According to sources, IAF officials have been carrying out regular ground and aerial exercises in the wake of the Pathankot terror attack and fire in Asia’s biggest ammunition depot in Maharashtra.

Thousands of structures illegally built are scattered over a 900-metre radius from the ammunition depot.

Alternate soon for IAF depot neighbours

Courtesy: TNN| Joel Joseph

The state government is in talks with private builders to provide alternate housing to people living near the IAF ammunition depot. The decision comes after Punjab and Haryana high court directed the Khattar government to remove all structures that lie within 300 metres of the depot.

 Talking to TOI, Gurgaon MLA Umesh Aggarwal claimed that not a single house will be demolished. “As per the rules there are not supposed to be any structures within 900 metres of this depot. However, in November, 2014 a high level committee under the Cabinet Secretary had suggested to the Ministry of Defence that the restricted area around the ammunition depot area be reduced from the existing 900 meter to 300 meter radius. The court had agreed to it, provided all the existing structures within 0-300 metres from the depot are removed,” he said. “We are trying to relocate the residents within 0-300 metre area and will provide them housing elsewhere and to achieve this we are in talks with private builders,” Aggarwal added.

Restricted zone around Gurgaon ammo depot reduced

Courtesy TNN
The Central government on Monday submitted before the Punjab and Haryana high court that the restricted zone around Indian Air Force’s ammunition depot in Gurgaon has been reduced to 300 metres from 900.

After additional solicitor general of India Satya Pal Jain told the HC during the hearing of a petition filed against encroachments around prohibited zones of the IAF stations at Gurgaon and Faridabad, the court directed the Central government to file an affidavit on this decision.

Jain, however, submitted that the area of restricted zone in Faridabad will remain the present 100 metres only. The case would now come up for further hearing on October 9. The court had on July 17 asked Centre to take a decision on the recommendations of a six-member committee that suggested reducing the restricted zone of 900 metre radius around the ammunition deport in Gurgaon.

In November last year, the committee of central and state government officers, headed by additional secretary, Union ministry of urban development, had informed the court that radius of the restricted zone could be reduced 500 to 600 metres. The committee, comprising experts from various central ministries and Haryana government, was formed in March 2014 following orders from the HC to discuss and suggest solutions to the encroachment problem.

Court defers IAF depot decision

Courtesy TNN

The two lakh residents living in the area within 900 metres surrounding the IAF ammunition depot failed to get any relief from the Punjab and Haryana high court on Monday. The court postponed the matter for hearing on July 17.

According to the area councillor who was present in the court, Gaje Singh Kablana, the judge deferred the matter after the counsel representing the Centre informed the court that the decision on the issue is yet to be taken by the Cabinet, and sought three months’ time.

Residents complained that despite assurances from the chief minister, the case is yet to be resolved. “The chief minister, local MLAs and the MP keep talking about the possibility of reaching a decision favourable to residents, but the court has still not given its final verdict. The court keeps postponing the hearing as the government has failed to make its stand clear. It appears that both the state and the central government want to keep lingering since this 900 metre issue can be used in future to garner votes as has been done in the past as well,” said Mukesh Kumar, a Palam Vihar extension resident.

Later in the day some of the area residents met BJP president Amit Shah in Delhi, who assured them that he will come into this matter.